My Love For Bikes

My love for bikes is at 110%, there is something about their graceful mobility that excites me. The need for speed rush of superbikes, Greatest stuff ever.

On pursuing this interest I joined a bikers club, the club had a whats app group where other riders shared bike-related activities and stuff in a normal biker's world. Bike memes also played some small part, mostly a lot of the members were serious guys in their daily lives. 

Now, not realizing how stone cold tough the no-nonsense whats app admin was I veered off topic one day after some exciting discussion. The admin was incensed!

Admin went ahead and started a private conversation with me. The phone could not handle the red hot bile he spewed.  Soon after he banned me for a record two weeks! what an imbecilic dictator!

The two weeks seemed like 5 years. I was so angry. one day turned into two, and with each passing day, my anger softened, by the time I was added back to the group I was as docile as a sheep. No comments would be made without thinking of how it may be insensitive or how it will affect the political mood of the group.

 All jokes had to be approved by admin in advance. It was terrible. Stopped posting altogether and became a silent follower of admin awe-inspiring stories which were downright impressive, what utter hogwash!

What Twitter is doing to expressive accounts is similar to what the admin was doing and keeps doing. Brief suspensions and banning are ways to control the narrative and direction of the conversation. 

This also promotes the political affiliations of the organization doing the banning by rewarding all who tow the rope.  

Only serves to promote one-sided views rather than a good two-sided conversation. 


Comments

Popular Posts